Permission to use logos on merchandise or other commercial purposes cannot be granted via email or phone.
All products and artwork are subject to the approval of the University’s Licensing Office and must be appropriate to be associated with the University’s brand, image, and mission.
The University will NOT normally license the following products:
- Alcoholic beverages and statements promoting the use of the alcoholic beverages
- Bathroom articles (toilet seats, toilet paper, etc.)
- Sexually suggestive statements or articles
- Statements infringing other schools
- Political, sexist, racist, religious products and/or statements
- Items of poor quality in relation to the proposed sale price
- Products bearing the name or likeness of or otherwise promoting a current University student-athlete
- Any item not meeting minimum standards of quality and good taste or having abnormal product liability possibilities (athletic equipment, food stuff, products that due to content are unusually short-lived) as determined by the Licensing Director.
Remember to include the appropriate trademark designations (®, ©) as required on all logos used in product artwork (see Our Brand section for specific requirements).
Royalties are required on all items using the University trademarks. Royalties support programs for the University of Virginia.
All products bearing University indicia must be produced by vendors licensed through CLC and the University’s Licensing Office. You may search for licensed vendors at the link above or contact the UVA Licensing office for more information and a list of licensed vendors.
Please do not use the University of Virginia’s marks, logos, or any other trademarked images without permission. The University Licensing Office is here to help you organize and design your products within the framework of the established guidelines. Please contact us via by email (email@example.com) for assistance.