April 10, 2018
|No. 11 Virginia at No. 13 Navy|
|Date/Time||Wednesday, April 11, 7 p.m.|
|Multimedia/Game Info||Livestats – Live Stream|
|Location||Annapolis, Md. | Navy-Marine Corp Memorial Stadium|
|Additional Information||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 11 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (8-5) takes on No. 13 Navy (9-3) on Wednesday, April 11, at 7 p.m. in Annapolis, Md.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
The game will be streamed live. Links for the live stream and live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- Junior Avery Shoemaker (Wyndmoor, Pa.) leads the team with 38 goals. Shoemaker has scored four or more goals in six games this season, ranking third in the ACC with 3.17 goals per game.
- Sophomore Sammy Mueller (Pelham, N.Y.) has a team-high 45 points with 34 goals and 11 assists.
- Junior Maggie Jackson (Alexandria, Va.) paces the Cavaliers with 71 draw controls and 43 grounds balls. Jackson leads the ACC with 3.31 ground balls per game.
- Junior Kaitlin Luzik (Alexandria, Va.) is tied for first in the ACC with 2.00 ground balls per game.
- Virginia leads the league with 9.15 caused turnovers per game and second in ground balls per game.
- Navy is coming off a 16-12 loss against Loyola on Saturday.
- The Midshipmen are averaging 15.75 goals per game, allowing 11.25 goals against.
- Jenna Collins and Kelly Larkin lead Navy with 61 points apiece.
- Collins has a team-high 48 goals. Navy ranks third nationally with 16.83 draw controls per game.
- Collins leads the team with 59 draws, while three players are tied with 27 ground balls.
This will be just the fourth meeting all-time between Virginia and Navy in a series that began in 2015. The Cavaliers are 3-0 against the Midshipmen. UVA won 16-13 in the most recent meeting on April 12, 2017. The Cavaliers took the only meeting in Annapolis, 13-9 on April 6, 2016.
Virginia will remain on the road this weekend as it returns to ACC play at Louisville on Saturday, April 14, at 1 p.m. at the UofL Lacrosse Stadium.