CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s tennis team (7-4, 1-1 ACC) will face Notre Dame (6-5, 2-0 ACC) on Sunday, March 1 at 12 p.m. at the Snyder Tennis Center.
PLEASE NOTE THE MATCH TIME. This match was originally slated to be played at a later time but was moved up to a noon start time.
- Live streaming video and live scoring will be available through links on VirginiaSports.com
- The Sunday Sundae bar returns with free ice cream and toppings (while supplies last) at the start of singles play
NOTING THE CAVALIERS
- The Cavaliers are coming off a pair of wins Thursday, topping George Mason, 5-2, and sweeping Norfolk State, 7-0
- Virginia remains in the top-25 of the Tennis Channel/ USTA College Tennis rankings, coming in at No. 25. The squad is No. 37 in this week’s ITA rankings
- Senior Carl Soderlund (Stockholm, Sweden) and junior Matthew Lord (Bloomfield, Conn.) are 6-1 this spring in doubles, including a 5-1 record on Court One
- Senior Ammar Alhaqbani (Alexandria, Va.) picked up two wins on Thursday to improve to 16-3 in singles this year
- Sophomore William Woodall (Washington, D.C.) is 7-1 in singles in dual matches this season. Woodall has played at least one match on five of the six lineup positions this season, competing on every court except No. 1
NOTING NOTRE DAME
- The Irish have opened ACC play with two straight wins, topping Boston College 5-0 on Feb. 7 and then picking up a 4-0 road win at No. 47 Louisville on Friday (Feb. 28)
- Richard Ciamarra is the Irish’s top-ranked singles player, coming it at No. 10 on the latest ITA rankings. He was named the ACC Co-Player of the Week this week after dominating his singles match against Michigan’s No. 17 Andrew Fenty last weekend
ON THE HORIZON
- The Cavaliers are at home next weekend as well, playing a double header on Saturday, March 7, taking on Liberty at 11 a.m. and Virginia Wesleyan at 6 p.m.
- Both matches are scheduled to be played outdoors at the Snyder Tennis Center