CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (2-0, 0-0 ACC) opens its Atlantic Coast Conference slate on Saturday (Feb. 27) when it hosts No. 16 Virginia Tech (2-1, 0-1 ACC) at 2 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game will be streamed on ACC Network Extra and links for live stats and the stream are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow @UVAWomensLax on Twitter for in-game updates.
- Virginia is 2-0 to start the season with wins over ECU and then-No. 14 Richmond.
- The Cavaliers have had seven or more goals scorers in each of the first two games, with 13 players having scored at least one goal this season.
- UVA is averaging 18.00 goals per game, while holding opponents to 7.50 goals per game.
- Ashlyn McGovern (Phoenix, Md.) leads the team with seven goals and has scored the game-winner in both of the first two games.
- Mackenzie Hoeg (Mattituck, N.Y.) paces the Cavaliers on the draw, with 17 of UVA’s 35 draw controls. Hoeg has added four goals and three assists.
- Annie Dyson (Alexandria, Va.) and Lillie Kloak (Ridgewood, N.J.) both have six points, with five goals and one assist, each.
- Charlie Campbell (Lloyd Harbor, N.Y.) had a season-high 12 saves in the win at Richmond. Campbell leads the team with five ground balls.
- This will be the 25th meeting between Virginia and Virginia Tech.
- UVA has a 23-2 lead in the series.
- The Cavaliers are 13-0 in games played in Charlottesville.
- Last season’s meeting was canceled due to COVID-19.
- In the most recent meeting, UVA won 13-10 at home.
ABOUT VIRGINIA TECH
- Virginia Tech is 2-1 on the season.
- The Hokies are coming off an 18-3 win over Longwood on Wednesday (Feb. 24).
- Whitney Leibler led VT with five goals and Paige Petty added three in the win.
- Virginia Tech is averaging 13.00 goals per game and limiting opponents to 6.67 goals against.
- VT leads the ACC in ground balls per game (23.33).
- Sarah Lubnow leads the team in points (11) with six goals and five assists.
- Petty has a team-high seven goals.
Virginia hosts Louisville on Saturday, March 6 at 11 a.m. at Klöckner Stadium.