The Virginia softball team opens the home portion of the season with JMU and George Washington in the opening day of the Cavalier Classic on Saturday at Palmer Park. The two-day event will continue on Sunday as the Cavaliers play a doubleheader against the Colonials beginning at noon.
CAVALIER CLASSIC SCHEDULE
12 p.m. Virginia vs. JMU
3 p.m. Virginia vs. George Washington
5:30 p.m. JMU vs. George Washington
12 p.m. Virginia vs. George Washington
2:30 p.m. Virginia vs. George Washington
- It’s the home opener for the Cavaliers who spent the first two weekends on the road at the Red & Black Showcase at No. 14 Georgia and ACC pod play last weekend.
- Virginia and the Dukes have faced each other 48 times with the series sitting at an even 24-24 split.
- The Cavaliers and Colonials have played 10 times in program history with the Hoos leading the all-time series 7-3.
- It’s the season opening weekend for both JMU and George Washington when they take the field at the Cavalier Classic.
- Virginia is coming off competition at ACC pod play where the Cavaliers faced Louisville and Pitt, taking the series with the Panthers while dropping two games to Louisville.