CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s soccer team (4-6-2) hosts Denver (7-2-1) in its final non-conference match of the regular season on Monday night at Klöckner Stadium. Opening kick is set for 6 p.m. and will stream on ACCNX.
Game Coverage: ACCNX is available to authenticated subscribers of ACC Network via the ESPN App. Links for the live stream and in-game live stats are available on VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow the Virginia men’s soccer official twitter account (@UVAMenSoccer) for in-game updates.
Admission: Fans can purchase single-game tickets in advance online at UVATix.com for $5. UVA athletics strongly encourages fans to avoid lines on game day and purchase their tickets online in advance, there are no fees when buying online. Single game tickets will be $10 at the window on game day. Group packages for parties of 20 or more are just $4 per ticket and are available online or over the phone in advance only.
- Virginia is 3-2-2 against non-conference opponents this season.
- Five of UVA’s eight non-conference opponents are ranked or receiving votes in the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
- The Cavaliers are coming off a 2-1 victory over Boston College on Friday night (Oct. 8).
- Sophomore Leo Afonso recorded a brace to lead UVA in the win.
- Afonso has scored three goals in UVA’s last two contests. He leads the team with 10 points on five goals.
- UVA and Denver are meeting for just the second time in series history.
- The only other meeting was a 3-0 victory for Virginia at home on Oct. 8, 2018.
- Denver has won its last three games, most recently defeating St. Thomas, 3-1 on Saturday (Oct. 9).
- Lukas Fisher leads the team with 10 points on four goals and two assists.
- Stefan DeLeone has seven points with three assists and two goals.
- Denver has outscored its opponents 13-8 and is averaging 12.1 shots per game.
Virginia travels to NC State on Friday, October 15 for an 8 p.m. contest.