CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 5 Virginia men’s squash team (4-2) hosts three matches, playing Rochester on Friday (Jan. 13) at 5 p.m., Chatham on Saturday (Jan. 14) at 1 p.m. and Drexel on Sunday (Jan. 15) at 1 p.m., at the McArthur Squash Center.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Links for live results are available on VirginiaSports.com.
- All three matches will be five-court systems.
ABOUT THESE HOOS
- Virginia won its last two matches, including a 9-0 win over MIT for its second MASC win of the year.
- This weekend starts a streak of four-consecutive home matches for the Cavaliers.
- UVA has played at least two players at each position on the ladder this season.
- Aly Hussein and Evan Hajek lead the Cavaliers with four wins apiece.
- Six different Cavaliers have three wins on the season.
AGAINST No. 12 ROCHESTER
- Friday will be the second meeting between UVA and Rochester.
- The Cavaliers won the first meeting, 6-3, at the CSA Championships on March 1, 2020.
AGAINST No. 11 CHATHAM
- It will be the second meeting between the Virginia and Chatham.
- The two teams previously met on January 29, 2022, with UVA winning 5-0 at home.
AGAINST No. 7 DREXEL
- This is the eighth meeting for the Cavaliers and Drexel.
- Drexel leads the all-time series 6-1.
- Virginia’s lone win in the series was a 5-4 victory on Feb. 6, 2022, at the MASC Championships.
- The two teams played three times in 2022, with Virginia going 1-2 in those contests.