HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB HOCKEY
- Won the Junior Dutch National Champion Indoor U16 title and the Final Four Dutch U16 National Championships U16 in 2017-18 while playing for the Kampong club teams,
- Youngest girl selected for DOD 2013, a national tournament for regional teams
- Played four consecutive years on a regional team with the 15 best players from the region.
- 2011 Dutch National Champion for Hockey Technique while being named the first runner-up in 2015 and second runner-up at the Dutch championship shoot out in 2017
- Also ran track, qualifying for the Dutch U18 championship in both the 800 and 1500 meters outdoor track in 2019
- School speed skating champion of the city of Zwolle in 2013
- Parents are Remy Knol and Ellen Hulsman
- Her younger brother, William, was Dutch national champion of his age bracket in the steeple chase in 2017 and 2019 and runner-up in the 1500 meters in 2019
- Named Young Poet of Noordenveld in 2010 by Bookstore Daan Nijman after writing a poem about the differences between developed and developing countries
IN HER OWN WORDS
I choose Virginia because:
I chose UVA because of is the fact that UVA combines a high Academic standard with a tremendous athletic level in Field Hockey, where the tactical and coach-style will fit well. On a visit, I pictured myself studying on so many great spots: Outdoors sitting on the grass, surrounded by oxygen of the trees, in the Rotunda, in a café with a cup of tea, or in a massive library.
What impact can I see myself making in the UVA community:
From a very young age, I feel for overweight children. I find it especially difficult seeing them making choices, not understanding what the impact of food and exercise is. It is great to see that UVA students are committed to ‘Happy Kids, Healthy Kids’. With my experience in exercise and my personal preference for healthy food choices, I see myself actively participating in the initiative, to promote better decisions and prevent harmful effects on the adult life of these children.
Why do my teammates want me on their team during the most challenging situation or what I can offer the team in the most challenged good situation:
A team can only achieve success when it is united. In more challenging situations, it is more important than ever to stay one team. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to blame teammates for experienced difficulties. I can help teammates to remain focused on the impact they individually can have.
FROM COACH MADISON
“Anneloes will help predominantly in a strong returning midfield. Immediately, she will add vertical play at speed. Once she learns our system and how her teammates play, she will add value and quality with the pace she brings to the field.”