Esha Shah Pronunciation
HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB HOCKEY
- 2019 Maryland Offensive Player of the Year
- 2019 Howard County Field Hockey Player of the Year
- MAX Field Hockey Mid Atlantic All-Region first team
- Two-time first team All-State and All-Howard County
- 2019 First Team Baltimore Sun All-Met after being named to the second team as a junior
- 2019 Washington Post All-Met second team
- Finished her four-year prep career at Mt. Hebron with 46 goals and 14 assists
- Scored 17 goals with seven assists during her senior season, helping to lead the Vikings winning the county championship
- 2019-20 U.S. Women’s National Indoor Development Team
- 2018-19 U.S. Junior Women’s National Indoor Team
- Was also a sprinter on the indoor track & field team at Mt. Hebron High
- Parents are Roshni Shah and Brij Shah
- Has a younger brother, Yug Shah
IN HER OWN WORDS
I choose Virginia because:
I chose Virginia because of its competitive atmosphere for both academics and athletics. Virginia was the right choice for me because it will challenge me both on the field and in the classroom. The coaches are amazing and the campus is beautiful.
What impact can I see myself making in the UVA community:
The UVA community sets high standards for every individual and the standards will help me become a person that can help others to be the best that they can be.
Why do my teammates want me on their team during the most challenging situation or what I can offer the team in the most challenged good situation:
I feel like I am a competitive and energetic player, but also calm when playing. This will allow me to perform well under pressure. In a challenging situation, I like to work problems out calmly and assess the best way to solve the problem.
What makes me laugh?
Spending time with my friends and doing random activities makes me laugh. I have the type of personality where it doesn’t take much to make me laugh. Random jokes and acts of silliness make me laugh.
FROM COACH MADISON
“Esha is one of the most efficient high school field hockey players I have seen. She has great field sense and skills to take her game to any level. Area of growth will be using her top speed and applying relentless defensive pressure to maximize her talents. Her versatility is an added bonus as she can play multiple positions. Repeatability cardio will have to improve over the summer.”