HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB HOCKEY
- 2019 Rise Junior National Camp Selection
- 2019-20 USA Women’s National Indoor Development Team
- Set the career points record at East Pennsboro Area Senior High with 198
- 2019 PA High School Field Hockey Coaches Association All-State First Team while also being named to the Mid Penn All-State first team
- 2019 PHSFHCA Scholar Athlete
- 2019 All-Sentinel Player of the Year
- Two-time Max Hockey All-Region first team after earning second team honors as a sophomore
- Max Field Hockey Top 50 Players of Class of 2020
- Three-time All-Sentinel first team
- Three-time Mid Penn All-Star First Team after earning second team honors as a freshman
- 2018 Mid Penn Capital Division MVP
- Parents are Melissa Meyer and Bob Schnarrs
- Has an older brother, McGee Schnarrs, who plays football at NCAA III Susquehanna University. Her father, Bob, played college football at NCAA III Dickinson College
- Was her class treasurer in high school
- Spent eight years as a member of the Girl Scouts
IN HER OWN WORDS
I choose Virginia because:
I chose Virginia because it always seemed like the best place for me. When visiting, I loved the team dynamic and the support of the coaching staff. The competitive athletic program combined with the strong academic reputation of Virginia, created an environment that I knew would be perfect for me.
What impact can I see myself making in the UVA community:
Throughout high school I have had a strong background in community service, which I hope to carry with me in the future as I go to college. I hope to make an impact through helping others and becoming involved in new opportunities.
Why do my teammates want me on their team during the most challenging situation or what I can offer the team in the most challenged good situation:
As a player I have always very competitive and motivated to do my best. This has driven me through my athletic career. In tough situations, my teammates will always know that I will be dedicated to any challenge that we might face.
What makes me laugh?
I laugh most when I am with my friends and family. I specifically laugh when we tell funny stories to each other about when we were younger.
From Coach Madison
“Gery is an all-around versatile field hockey player. She can play at both ends of the field so we will have to see how her game develops to put her where her strengths can be used the most. She scored lots of goals in high school but has played defense and midfield in club and indoor.”