A: We welcome inquiries and introductions from players at any stage. However, based on CSA and NCAA recruiting guidelines and our own internal calendar, we can only begin official correspondence with Prospective Student-Athletes (PSAs) during a specific window of time. This begins September 1 of a player’s (rising) junior year.. There are some dead periods during which there are limitations on recruiting contact as well.
A few noteworthy dates, facts, and regulations related to the recruitment of squash PSAs at UVA.
- The recruiting contact period officially begins on SEPTEMBER 1 of a player’s junior year. This is the first date of permissible recruiting contact between coaches and players and coaches and parents.
- PSAs interested in UVA and our squash program are advised to contact us via email a few days prior to the opening of the recruiting window. Any time within the last week of August is a good time to email.
- Players are permitted to reach out to coaches at any point prior to September 1. However, coaches may not initiate contact and may only respond to inquiries with strictly limited information. This information includes links to the PSA questionnaire (see below).
- All interested players should fill out our prospective player questionnaire.
- Men’s Team PSA Questionnaire
- Women’s Team PSA Questionnaire
- Our recruitment offers and commitments are typically distributed evenly across the entire junior year. Our earliest offers may go out as early as September and occasionally we still have an open recruiting slot in the early fall of a player’s senior year.
For more information on visits, refer to section 5 (How Do I Schedule a Visit to UVA?)