Virginia Beef Tailgate Tip of the Game - Virginia Tech
Virginia Beef Tailgate Tip of the Game
- 2008 Parking Map
- Fan Fest Activities Map
- Grounds Map
- Scott Stadium Map
- Traffic Flow Map
- Game Day Central
- Scott Stadium A-Z | Gameday Parking
- Virginia Football Homepage | Football Schedule
- Football Tickets | Ticket Office
- Virginia Ticket Marketplace
Mediterranean Beef and Salad Pita
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
- Add lettuce, cheese, dressing and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitaminB6, vitaminB12, iron, selenium and zinc.