FB Virginia at Virginia Tech - Virginia Postgame Notes
Virginia Postgame Notes • November 27, 2010
Virginia at Virginia Tech • Blacksburg, Va.
• Virginia drops its 13th-straight game in the month of November
• Virginia wore its ninth different uniform combination this season (white jerseys and pants).
• Billy Skrobacz caught his first career reception in the fourth quarter.
• The reception marked the 19th different receiver to catch a pass this season, matching the 1959 Cavalier squad’s 19. In 1959 there were four different receivers that caught only one pass, while this year UVa had three receivers catch only one pass.
• Kris Burd’s 27-yard’s kick off return was the first of his attempt of his career. He had accumulated 47 previous return yards on a reverse earlier this season, but wasn’t credited with an attempt.
• With eight rushing yards today Keith Payne becomes the 38th player all-time at UVa to amass at least 1,000 career rushing yards. Payne finishes his career with 1,004 career rushing yards – good for No. 38 in the UVa annals.
• Kris Burd finished the season with 58 receptions. The only UVa wide receiver with more reception in a season is Billy McMullen who had 83 in 2001 and 69 in 2002. Deyon Williams in 2005 and Kevin Ogletree in 2008 also caught 58 passes.
• With 47 receiving yards Burd moves up to No. 16 all-time at UVa with 1,277 receiving yards
• With 168 yards passing, Marc Verica concludes his career at No. 6 in the UVa record book with 4,992 passing yards.
• Verica concludes his career with a .599 completion percentage (487-813), placing him No. 3 all-time in the UVa record book behind Matt Schaub (.670) and Marques Hagans (.623).
• Verica’s 487 completions rank No. 3 all-time at UVa.