UVa Women's Golfers Move up to Fourth Place at ACC Championships
Greensboro, NC – The 25th-ranked Virginia women’s golf team posted the second best team score of the day to move up to a tie for fourth place after two rounds of competition at the ACC Championships taking place at the Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C. Virginia shot 16-over 300 for a two-day total of 603. Wake Forest shares fourth place with the Cavaliers.
Duke takes a nine-shot lead into Sunday’s final round at 15-over 583. The eighth-ranked Blue Devils are in first place followed by sixth-ranked North Carolina at 592. Florida State moved into third place, one shot ahead of the Cavaliers and Demon Deacons, after shooting 294 Saturday, the best second round score.
Teammate Portland Rosen also carded a 74 and jumped up to 15th place at 151. Brittany Altomare is in 27th position at 155 following a 79 Saturday. Lauren Greenlief is in 36th place at 159. She shot 83 during the second round.
Duke’s Lindy Duncan leads the field in stroke play at 3-under 139. She holds a five shot lead over teammate Alejandra Cangrejo in the individual standings.
Live scoring of the tournament is online at Golfstat.com. Live webstreaming of the final round will be available for free on the ACC.com. The broadcast is schedule to begin Sunday at 1:30 p.m. until the conclusion of play.
Sedgefield Country Club
Par-71, 6,185 yards
Second Round Results
1. Duke 280-303-583
2. North Carolina 290-302-592
3. Florida State 308-294-602
4. Virginia 303-300-603
4. Wake Forest 298-305-603
6. Maryland 307-302-609
7. NC State 299-314-613
8. Boston College 301-317-618
9. Miami 308-318-626
1. Lindy Duncan, Duke 70-69-139
2. Alejandra Cangrejo, Duke 69-75-144
3. Maria Salinas, Florida State 76-70-146
3. Allie White, North Carolina 71-75-146
5. Casey Grice, North Carolina 74-73-147
6. O. Kristinsdottir, Wake Forest 70-78-148
6. Jessica Negron, Florida State 76-72-148
6. Cheyenne Woods, Wake Forest 76-72-148