Jan. 24, 2013
• The Cavaliers (13-5, 3-2 ACC) have won three straight games at Virginia Tech for the first time since winning five straight from 1939-47.
• The 16-point win vs. Virginia Tech was the largest margin of victory for UVa against the Hokies since a 64-48 win at Blacksburg on Nov. 24, 2000.
• Virginia led at the half (34-25) for the 11th time overall and for the second time in five ACC games.
• Virginia’s eight 3-pointers in the first half marked a season high for a half this season.
• Virginia made a season-high 11 3-pointers in the game.
• The last time UVa made 10 3-pointers in a game was March 1, 2011 vs. NC State.
• Virginia Tech’s Erick Green’s 35 points marked the most points by an individual opponent in the Tony Bennett era and most since Duke’s J.J. Redick scored 40 on Jan. 28, 2006.
• Evan Nolte had career highs in points (18), 3-pointers (5) and steals (4).
• Joe Harris (17 points) tied a season high with four 3-pointers
• Freshman Mike Tobey (10 points) reached double figures for the fourth time.
• Justin Anderson had a career-high six assists, reached doubles figures in points (11) for the fourth time and tied a season high with three steals.
• Akil Mitchell (8 rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 13th time.