Virginia vs. North Carolina - Postgame Notes
Feb. 16, 2013
February 16, 2013
North Carolina 93, Virginia 81
- Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) is now 6-65 all-time vs. North Carolina inChapel Hill.
- Virginia allowed a season-high 93 points in the loss.
- The 93 points allowed by Virginia were the most since allowing 106 toWashington (11/22/10).
- The 93 points allowed were the most in ACC action during the TonyBennett era at Virginia.
- Virginia was tied at the half (40-40) for the first time this season.
- The 40 first half points and 53 second half points by North Carolinamarked season-highs against Virginia.
- The Cavaliers made a season-high 12 3-pointers and shot 50 percentor better from beyond the arc for the seventh time.
- Joe Harris led UVA with a career-high 27 points, his fourth consecutive20-point effort and fifth in the last six games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 15 consecutive games.
- Jontel Evans had a season-high 12 points.
- Evans matched a career-high with six turnovers.
- Evans (5 assists) moved into ninth on Virginia’s career assists list with373.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (9) for the 18th time.