Fun Facts: Sarah Beth Barnette
Sarah Beth Barnette graduated last May with a bachelor’s degree in sociology, but she is taking graduate classes in her final season with the Cavalier basketball team. Through the first two games of the season, “SB” is averaging 14.0 minutes on the court. The veteran-most player on the team, this is her fifth season of NCAA basketball, her fourth year on Grounds and her third year suiting up at JPJ.
The 2010 Miss Kentucky Basketball and the 2010 Gatorade Kentucky Player of the Year began her collegiate career in her home state before transferring to Virginia. After sitting out 2011-12, Sarah Beth made her Cavalier debut, scoring 10 points in her first-ever UVa game against James Madison.
Other Fun Facts about Sarah Beth:
-She considers Coach Boyle “down to earth and servant-minded.”
– When she was in high school, she would work during the summer at her grandmother’s bakery.
– Her favorite food is her mother’s broccoli casserole.
– When she was a teen, she had a crush on actors Ashton Kutcher and Chad Michael Murray.
– Her go-to Karaoke songs are all Christmas carols.
– Last year, she met Taylor Swift backstage on the night of Swift’s concert at John Paul Jones Arena.
– If she could choose to be an animal she would pick one that could fly.
– The most memorable class that she has taken was called ‘Oral Interpretation’ taught by “The Man” Richard Warner.
– The thing she misses most about childhood was playing sports in the cul-de-sac with her neighbors and brothers.
– She loves basketball “because of the relationships it has allowed me to form.”