Fun Facts: Mone Jones
Sept. 30, 2015
MonÃ© Jones was ranked ESPN-W’s No. 61 overall recruit and No. 11 at her position after averaging 11.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.1 steals and 3.1 blocks per game in four years at Riverside High School. Jones was a McDonald’s High School All-America nominee and earned PAC 6 All-Conference and All-State team honors. She was named to the North Carolina/South Carolina All-Star Game roster and participated in the 2014 USA Basketball Women’s U18 National Team Trials.
Other Fun Facts about MonÃ©:
– On game day she always plays jazz music and takes a nap too relax. She also eats chicken before each game.
– She loves basketball because it is a safe haven and a place where she can be free.
– Weirdest thing she has ever eaten is fish eggs.
– Her hidden talents are dancing and cooking.
– Here dream job is to be an ESPN analyst.
– Her favorite musical group in junior high was TLC.
– Favorite ride at the amusement park are the swings.
– Her favorite family memory is Christmas. “We eat breakfast at my grandmothers house and have a big gift exchange with my other family members.”
– The characteristic she values in her teammates is the never give up mentality they have. “We all just want to work hard for each other and we don’t want to let each other down.”
– She is majoring in media studies because she loves the innovation of social media and how media is becoming dominant in our society.
– Her thoughts on Coach Boyle: “She is very passionate about the game of basketball and her players. She not only cares about your success on the court but also off the court.”
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.