Fun Facts: Mikayla Venson
Oct. 14, 2015
Mikayla Venson was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team after ranking second in the conference in three-point percentage (41.2) and setting the Virginia freshman record for made-3’s in a season (61). Venson had four games with five or more three-pointers and tallied four 20-point games. She finished the season with seven-straight double-digit scoring efforts, including a 22-point performance against Virginia Tech. The guard had the best single-game three-point shooting efficiency in school history with a 6-for-6 performance in the win over NC State.
Other Fun Facts about Mikayla:
– Loves basketball because “I feel free when I’m on the court and have always been fascinated by how competitive the game is.”
– Loves UVA because of the family atmosphere and great academics.
– Weirdest thing she has ever eaten was clams.
– Hardest thing she has ever done was leaving to go off to college and being in a new place.
– Hidden talent is singing.
– Place she has visited that she thought was paradise is Orlando, Fla.
– Favorite activity to do on vacation is swimming.
– Dream job would be playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas.
– When she was younger she wanted to be a firefighter.
– If she were a vegetable she would be asparagus.
– Favorite color is purple because it makes her feel relaxed.
– Favorite cookie is sugar.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.