Fun Facts: Sydney Umeri
Dec. 2, 2015
Sydney Umeri appeared in all 31 games as a sophomore. She was one of the recipients of the Virginia Athletic Department’s ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities. Umeri averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year and is averaging 4.1 per contest through seven games in her junior season.
Other Fun Facts about Sydney:
– Loves UVA because: “I am able to get a great education and join clubs that represent things that I am genuinely care about. On top of that, I can play basketball at a high level.”
– Dream job is to be a sports broadcaster and journalist.
– If she were a vegetable she would be kale.
– When she was younger she wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon.
– Favorite color is maroon because it makes her feel mysterious and fierce.
– Has a cat named Pheonix.
– Favorite cookie is snickerdoodle.
– Two things she considers herself good at are time management and serving others.
– Place she has been that she would consider paradise is Cancun, Mexico.
– Family member she is proud of: “My parents immigrated to the US to give our family the opportunities we have today. I am proud of them for stepping outside of their comfort zone in order to give me the opportunities I have today.”
The Virginia Cavaliers host Iowa in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge tonight at 7 p.m. in John Paul Johns Arena.