CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s tennis team is hosting the 2019 ITA Atlantic Regional in Charlottesville. The tournament runs Thursday through Monday, Oct. 17-21
- Junior Gianni Ross (Chicago, Ill.) and sophomore Ryan Goetz (Greenlawn, N.Y.) advanced to Monday’s singles semifinal
- Goetz topped teammate Ammar Alhaqbani (Alexandria, Va.) 7-5, 6-3 to earn his spot in the semis
- Singles Semifinals 10 a.m.
- Singles Finals 1:45 p.m.
- Doubles Finals Not Before 1:30 p.m.
- SF (2) Gianni Ross vs (17-32) Luca Maldoner (ODU)
- SF (4) Ryan Goetz vs. (1) Nicaise Muamba (Liberty)
SUNDAY SINGLES RESULTS
- QF (2) Gianni Ross def. (7) Joseph Brailovsky (W&M) 6-2, 6-2
- QF (4) Ryan Goetz def Ammar Alhaqbani 7-5, 6-3
- QF (1) Nicaise Muamba (Liberty) def. 6-4, 6-4
SUNDAY DOUBLES RESULTS
- QF (8) Torre Martin/Stable (VCU) def QF Goetz/Alhaqbani (UVA) 8-6
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE ITA REGIONAL
- The tournament has a 256-player singles draw with a consolation match for first-match losers only. The top 32 seeds will be given byes into the round of 64
- The doubles draw consists of 64 teams with a consolation match for first-match losers
- The singles main draw finalists will both receive a berth in the ITA National Fall Championships. The doubles champion will earn a spot in the ITA National Fall Championships
- The Oracle ITA National Fall Championships features 128 of the nation’s top collegiate singles players (64 men and 64 women) and 64 doubles teams (32 men’s teams and 32 women’s teams. This year, it is hosted By Newport Beach Tennis Club & The Tennis Club at Newport Beach Country Club and will be held November 6-10. In its third year, having replaced the ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships, it is the lone event on the collegiate tennis calendar to feature competitors from all five divisions playing in the same tournament
- Results and the next day order of play will be posted at the end of each day
- Neither live scoring nor live video will not be available for the tournament