CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia men’s and women’s track and field teams will split up to compete at a pair of meets this weekend. UVA will send a team to Clemson’s Tiger Paw Invitational at the Clemson Indoor Complex and the Darius Dixon Memorial Invite at the Liberty Indoor Track Complex. Both events take place on Friday and Saturday. No fans or spectators are permitted at the events.
How to Follow
A link to live results will be available at VirginiaSports.com. Updates throughout the competition will also be provided on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVATFCC).
ACCNX Live Stream from Clemson
The Tiger Paw Invitational will be streamed online by ACC Network Extra (ACCNX). Viewers must have access to the ACC Network via their broadcast provider to view the stream. Viewers will need to be prepared to log in to their TV provider on ESPN’s webpage after clicking the “Watch Live” links here: Friday Coverage | Saturday Broadcast.
Tiger Paw Invitational
• A total of 15 teams will gather at Clemson for this weekend’s action. Competition gets underway at noon on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday. Click here for Meet Central.
• This weekend’s Tiger Paw Invitational will host some of the nation’s top teams with Georgia, Kentucky, NC State, North Carolina A&T, Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech all entering with either their men’s or women’s team nationally ranked. The UVA men figure 20th in the latest standings.
• UVA will be represented by six men and 12 women at Clemson.
• Owayne Owens will compete in the triple jump after tying the UVA record (7.58m / 24-10.5) his last time out at the Virginia Beach Invitational. Jordan Willis, who owns the UVA all-time mark in the 200m (21.42) and ranks No. 3 on the 400m (46.61), will compete in those two events.
• On the women’s side, school record holders Halle Hazzard (60m / 7.24) and Jada Seaman (200m / 23.56) will race in those events. Seaman, who owns the all-time UVA record in the long jump (6.46m / 21-2.5), will be joined in that competition by Khyasia Caldwell (4th all-time). Caldwell will also go in the triple jump after making her collegiate debut in that competition last weekend.
Darius Dixon Memorial Invite
• A total of 16 teams will gather at the Liberty Indoor Track Complex. Events start at 3 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday.
• Virginia has 11 men and nine women headed to Lynchburg for the meet.
• Several UVA competitors are top seeds on event performance lists – Michaela Meyer 800m (unattached), Randy Neish (1000m) and Rohann Asfaw (3000m).
• After a month of competition, Virginia has five performances that rank in the top-10 nationally for this season:
• The men’s distance medley relay team of Randy Neish, Brandon Outlaw, Conor Murphy and Wes Porter are fourth in the nation with a time of 9:48.73.
• Owayne Owens opened the season with a career-best triple jump mark of 16.35m (53’7.75”), which currently ranks fourth in the NCAA.
• At the Virginia Beach Invitational, Derek Johnson’s time in 5000m (14.16.93) ranks seventh best in the nation.
• Halle Hazzard’s time of 7.29 from the Virginia Beach Invitational ranks 10th.
• Jada Seaman is also 10th with a long jump of 6.35m (20-10) at last weekend’s Doc Hale Virginia Tech Elite meet.