The No. 4 Virginia men’s tennis team (9-2, 3-0 ACC) begins a month-long homestand by hosting Miami (3-3, 2-0 ACC) this afternoon at the Virginia Tennis Facility outdoor courts at Boar’s Head Resort.
Due to health and safety considerations, in addition to the current guidelines for sports venues set by the Commonwealth of Virginia, attendance for UVA home men’s and women’s tennis competitions will be limited to the family of student-athletes and coaching staff until further notice
- Virginia remains at No. 4 in this week’s ITA team rankings after beginning the season ranked No. 22. Individual singles and doubles rankings have not been updated since the preseason
- The Cavaliers are coming off a pair of 5-2 wins last weekend at No. 16 NC State and No. 13 Wake Forest
- Freshmen Jeffrey von der Schulenburg (Zurich, Switzerland) and Iñaki Montes (Pamplona, Spain) were named the ACC Doubles Team of the Week after picking up two wins during the weekend road trip. They have won their last five matches and lead the team with an 8-2 doubles record
- Miami has two players with preseason singles rankings: Adria Soriano Barrera (34) and Stefan Milicevic (64)
- Virginia is 19-5 all-time against Miami. Virginia won the last meeting 4-0 in Coral Gables. The Hurricanes won 4-3 in 2018 in Charlottesville
The New Home of Virginia Tennis