CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 13 Virginia men’s swimming and diving team is set to compete at the 2021 NCAA Men’s Swimming & Diving Championships, March 24-27 at the Greensboro Aquatic Center in Greensboro, N.C.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live championship coverage will air on ESPN3 for preliminary and finals sessions Wednesday through Saturday. Links for live results and the live stream are available on VirginiaSports.com.
Wednesday will be the 800-yard freestyle relay finals at 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday will begin with prelims in the morning at 10 a.m. and finals at 6 p.m.
ABOUT THE HOOS
- Virginia is coming off a fourth-place finish at the 2021 ACC Championships.
- At the 2019 NCAA Championships, the Cavaliers finished 10th, marking their best finish since the program-best finish of eighth in 2011.
- UVA had 10 swimmers qualify for the 2021 NCAA Championships.
- Keefer Barnum (Louisville, Ky.) enters with the 15th time in the 200-yard breaststroke and 17th in the 100-yard breaststroke.
- Matt Brownstead (Port Matilda, Pa.) enters the NCAA Championship with the fourth-fastest time in the 50-yard freestyle and the fifth-fastest time in the 100-yard freestyle.
- Justin Grender (Cincinnati, Ohio) is 12th in the 200-yard backstroke.
- Noah Nichols (Midlothian, Va.) ranks seventh in the 100-yard breaststroke and 14th in the 200-yard breaststroke.
- Jack Walker (Charlotte, N.C.) is 15th in the 500-yard freestyle.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
March 24 — 6 p.m. finals
- 800-yard Freestyle Relay
March 25 — 10 a.m. trials | 6 p.m. finals
- 200-yard Freestyle Relay
- 500-yard Freestyle
- 200-yard Individual Medley
- 50-yard Freestyle
- 400-yard Medley Relay
- One-meter Diving
March 26 — 10 a.m. trials | 6 p.m. finals
- 400-yard Individual Medley
- 100-yard Butterfly
- 200-yard Freestyle
- 100-yard Breaststroke
- 100-yard Backstroke
- 200-yard Medley Relay
- Three-meter Diving
March 27 — 10 a.m. trials | 6 p.m. finals
- 1,650-yard Freestyle
- 200-yard Backstroke
- 100-yard Freestyle
- 200-yard Breaststroke
- 200-yard Butterfly
- 400-yard Freestyle Relay
- Platform Diving