WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Virginia men’s and women’s distance medley relay teams traveled to the JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem, N.C. to compete in the JDL DMR Invitational where both squads improved their season-best times on Friday evening.
Margot Appleton, Jada Seaman, Alahna Sabbakhan, and Mia Barnett delivered for the Hoos on the women’s side. The quartet turned in the best performance of the season for Virginia at 11:07.22 in a fifth-place finish. The time ranks second on Virginia’s all-time indoor performance list.
On the men’s side, Virginia fielded a team consisting of Yasin Sado, Jordan Willis, Connor Murphy and Wes Porter. The squad placed second in a field of 11 with a season-best time of 9:38.73. The Cavaliers bested their previous best set by Sado, Will Trent, Liam Bellamy and Wes Porter set at the Hokie Invitational (Jan. 21)
- Colin Dunigan won the unseeded pole vault with personal best mark (5.00m / 16’4.75″)
- Kayla Bonnick won the 60m with a personal best time (7.44)
- Emily Alexandru placed third in the 400m with a personal best time (56.58)
- Jacob Lemmon placed third in the weight throw (19.83m / 65′ 0.75″)
- Riley Larson equaled a personal best in the unseeded pole vault
The Hoos will compete in the second day of competition at the VT Challenge. Competition is set to resume at 11:30 a.m.