WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Virginia men’s tennis freshman Stefan Regalia and sophomores Douglas Yaffa and Måns Dahlberg will be competing at the Wake Forest Invitational, being held at the outdoor and indoor courts at Wake Forest Tennis Center in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Play will begin at 9 a.m. each day with waves to follow. Action is expected to conclude around 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
Participating teams include Wake Forest, Furman, South Carolina, Princeton, VCU Old Dominion, Duke, Virginia, Auburn, James Madison, Shenandoah, Tennessee Tech, NC A&T, Davidson, Georgia Southern, Radford, Campbell, Richmond, UNC Asheville, UNC Greensboro, UNC Charlotte, Cleveland State and North Carolina.
Scores will be updated on this page when results are received.
This is the final tournament of fall individual season. Dual match season will kick off January 13 with a pair of home matches. The full dual match schedule will be released next week.
Sunday, Nov. 4
- Stefan Regalia won 6-4, 6-2 against Lukas Steffen of Campbell
- Måns Dahlberg won 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 against Aaron Williams of Georgia Southern
- Doug Yaffa won 7-5, 6-3 against Alex Alvarez of Texas Tech
- Yaffa fell 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 against Filippos Astreinidis of Princeton
Saturday, Nov. 4
- Stefan Regalia fell 6-3, 7-6 (2) against Yanis Moundir of ODU
- Måns Dahlberg fell 6-4, 6-4 against Connor Krug of Duke
- Dahlberg also fell 6-4, 2-6, 6-3 against Jamieson Nathan of Wake Forest
- Doug Yaffa fell 6-2-, 6-3 against Freddy Murray of UNC Asheville
- Yaffa and Dahlberg won 7-6 (4) against Sean Aryabeigi and Jelani Sarr of South Carolina
Friday, Nov. 3
- Dahlberg and Yaffa won 6-4 against Christopher Johns and Tymofy Khrystyuk of UNC Greensboro
- Dahlberg and Yaffa were edged in a tiebreaker 8-6 against Harry Thursfield and Matthew Thomson of Wake Forest
- Dahlberg fell 6-3, 7-6 (3) against Nicholas Heng of Auburn
- Yaffa fell 6-1, 6-4 against Spencer Gray of UNC Charlotte
- Regalia topped Tymofy Khrystyuk of UNC Greensboro 5-7, 6-4, 6-2