AUDIO: Gelof Pronunciation
• Started all 18 games at third base and batted third in 17 of the 18 games
• A Second Team All-America selection by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper
• Named the third-best third baseman in 2020 D1Baseball’s Top 30 Power Rankings
• Batted .349 (22-for-63) with six doubles, two triples, five home runs and 18 RBI
• Led the ACC in total bases (47), slugging percentage (.746) and runs scored (24)
• Ranked in the top-15 in the NCAA in runs (4th) and total bases (11th)
• Recorded multi-hit efforts in six-straight games from Feb. 22 – Feb. 29
• Led the Cavaliers and tied for 6th in the ACC with five home runs, including a two-homer game against then-No. 7 NC State on March 1
• Scored four times in a 16-7 win over Richmond on March 3
• Led the team with six multi-RBI games and co-led the Cavaliers with eight multi-hit performances
• Scored a run or drove in a run in 15 of the 18 games
• Started all 56 games at third base, one of three Cavaliers to start every game
• Batted .313 (71-for-227) with 13 doubles, two home runs and 32 RBI
• Was second on the team and tied for 11th in the ACC with 16 stolen bases
• Led the team and tied for third in the ACC with sacrifice flies
• Reached base in his first 28 games of his career, the second longest streak by a freshman in school history. During that span he put together a 17-game hit streak the longest by a UVA freshman since 2000.
• In his collegiate debut against eventual National Champion and then-No. 2 Vanderbilt went 4-for-5 with three doubles and four RBI. The three doubles in the contest matched a school record
• Leadoff man for the first 28 games of the season before moving to the middle of the lineup
• Hit his first career home run on March 24 against Pittsburgh
• Matched a season-best by driving in four runs in a 2-for-4 effort against Louisville, including his second homer of the year
Cape Henlopen High School
• Named 2018 Delaware Gatorade Player of Year and voted Delaware Baseball Coaches Player of the year.
• As a senior batted .465 and led state in hits (35), runs (37), home runs (7) and was 28-for-28 in stolen bases. Added 17 RBI and sported a .613 OBP. On the mound he went 4-0 with a 1.30 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 26 IP.
• Collected First Team All-State SS honors as a senior from the Delaware News Journal.
• Graduated as the state’s all-time leader in runs scored (103) and stolen bases (81-for-81), second in career hits (105).
• Four-year full-time starter, voted by teammates 3-time Team MVP, received 4-time Henlopen Conference Honors as SS & RHP, two-time Conference Player of Year.
• Helped Cape Henlopen capture its first baseball state championship in 2018.
• Perfect Game/Rawlings 2018 honorable mention All American, 1st Team Northeast All Region and rated No. 73 Top-100 freshman in the ACC prior to the 2019 season.
• As a freshman earned varsity football starter position and was named Academic All-Conference.
• A four-year starter in soccer, playing primarily a defensive midfield position. He finished his career as the leading goal scorer in the State of Delaware for his four-year career span 2015-2018 (with 61 goals and 16 assists).
• In soccer he was a four-time All-Conference honoree and a three-time All-State selection, including first team honors as a junior and senior. Voted Captain twice by his teammates and was a three-time team MVP.
• As a senior he led the State in goals scored (29), was named Conference Player of the Year, “Top 11 All State,” finishing fourth in statewide POY voting.
• In 2017, he was recognized with the distinction as a United Soccer Coaches Association All-American.
• Born in Lewes, Del.
• Son of Kelly and Adam Gelof
• Has a younger brother, Jake who also a member of the 2018 state championship team.
• Drafted in the 38th round (1,153 overall) by the Cleveland Indians in the 2018 MLB Draft.
• Served as Cape Henlopen High School’s Class President, member National Honor Society and Leo Club
• Recipient of the Ron and Barrie Tydings Endowed Baseball Scholarship for the 2020-21 academic year