• Started 22 of the 37 games in which he appeared (21 at 2B & 1 at 3B).
• Batted .333 (29-for-87) with 19 runs scored, seven doubles, a home run and 13 RBI.
• His first collegiate hit was in his third career at bat, an RBI double against Cornell on Feb. 25.
• Made his first career start in the first game of a doubleheader against Duke on March 13. He went 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
• Hit his first collegiate homer, a two-run shot against Towson, came on March 22 as part of a 3-for-4, two run, two double and two-RBI effort.
• Collected a hit in 11-straight starts spanning from March 22-April 22 that included six multi-hit efforts.
• 17 of his 29 hits on the season came with runners on base and batted .393 (11-for-28) with runners in scoring position, 5th highest on the team.
• Delivered highlight reel plays against Boston College (3/18), vs. ODU (4/12) and at Pitt (4/17).
2021 SUMMER: Played 35 games for the Vermont Lake Monsters of the Futures League … batted .294 (32-for-109) with four doubles, 28 runs scored and 14 RBI … put together seven multi-hit efforts … Lake Monsters went 42-24, the first team in FCBL history to win 40 games in a season and went on to win the regular season and postseason titles … played alongside future UVA teammates Anthony Stephan and Ethan Anderson.
FRIENDS’ CENTRAL SCHOOL
• Was a four-year All-League and four-year all Mainline selection at Friends’
• As a senior in 2021, batted .566 with a .714 on-base percentage, 25 RBIs and set school records with 43 hits, 44 stolen bases, 53 runs scored and 77 career steals
• Played travel baseball for the Keystone State Bombers
• Born in Bryn Mawr, Pa
• Son of Jon and Lauren Rubin
• Has an older brother Bryan who played baseball at Vassar College and then professionally in Europe and his older brother Jesse played soccer at Washington University
• His father Jon played baseball and football at the University of Pennsylvania and his mother Lauren played field hockey and lacrosse at Brown University
• Has yet to declare a major at UVA