Office of Licensing and Trademark - Mission
Office of Licensing and Trademark – Mission
Office of Licensing and Trademark
- Office of Licensing and Trademark Home
- Our Mission
- Licensing Agreements
- Virginia Trademarks
- Code of Conduct
- Virginia Retailers
- Virginia Sports Properties
- Radio and TV Affiliates
- Orange and Blue Partners
- Virginia Athletics Foundation
- P.O. Box 400854
- Room 270 Bryant Hall
- Charlottesville, VA 22904-4854
- Phone: 434.982.5600
- Fax: 434.982.5024
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University’s Mission
The University maintains a licensing program to achieve the following goals:
- To protect and control the use of the University’s name, nicknames, trademarks, service marks, seals, indicia, logos, mottos and mascots.
- To promote the image of the University to the public as well as to the University community.
- To establish a cooperative relationship with licensees and to assist in developing a market for officially licensed products of the University.
- To provide unrestricted revenues in support of University programs.
Since its early days in 1981, CLC’s mission has been to serve as the guiding force in collegiate trademark licensing and one of the top sports licensing firms in the country. As such, CLC has dedicated itself to being a center of excellence in providing licensing services of the highest quality to institutions, licensees, retailers, and consumers.
Today, the CLC Consortium represents the consolidated retail power of many colleges, universities, athletic conferences, bowl games, and other collegiate institutions that comprise the CLC Consortium. The collective efforts that have contributed to the growth of the collegeiate licensing industry will remain an important cornerstone of the industry in the future.