Diamond Details: Rachel Harvey
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener on Saturday, Feb. 13th at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. Up next is sophomore infielder Rachel Harvey, a native of Bluemont, Va.
1. I was a gymnast and swimmer for eight years.
2. I am a chocolate fiend; it’s the key to my heart!
3. I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup or get piercings in high school. I got my ears pierced first year.
4. My favorite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns.
5. One of my legs is a centimeter shorter than the other.
6. I have freckles in the shape of a diamond on my right arm.
7. I applied to nine out of state schools and only one in state (UVa) because I wanted a change of scenery – but I couldn’t turn down UVa.
8. I’m an only child.
9. I LOVE music. I listen to it whenever I can, even in the shower.
10. I’m a lyrics person. I could read lyrics for hours. I even got a lyrics book for Christmas this year!
11. I have played every position on the field for one team or another throughout my softball career.
12. I’m a part of Athletes in Action. God has helped me through more than I can explain.
13. I love watching old movies – Alfred Hitchcock movies are bomb!
14. I am deathly afraid of sharks. I haven’t been in the ocean since I was 10.
15. I’m slightly, well more than slightly, obsessed with Derek Jeter. He’s my idol.
16. I have been to 10 foreign countries.
17. I turned 10 on top of the Eiffel Tower.
18. I played the French horn in my middle school band.
19. I’ve seen EVERY episode of Dawson’s Creek.
20. I’ve never broken a bone. I only chipped my elbow once, falling off the high bar in gymnastics.