Diamond Details: Lauren McCaskey
Members of the Virginia softball team – both student-athletes and coaches – will be revealing 20 random facts about themselves to VirginiaSports.com each weekday leading up to the team’s season-opener this Saturday at the Elon Tournament in Elon, N.C. Up next is junior infielder Lauren McCaskey, a native of Santa Barbara, Calif.
1. I love to take showers. Like sometimes three times a day.
2. But I absolutely HATE drying off after a shower.
3. I will not eat ham. Ew. Gross.
4. I can play the spoons.
5. I have never had a bloody nose.
6. Groundhog Day is my favorite holiday.
7. If I could I would eat mac-n-cheese everyday for the rest of my life.
8. I’ve eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters. Don’t ask what they are.
9. I once drank a concoction of milk, ice, ketchup, hot sauce and chocolate syrup for $5.
10. I can cross one eye at a time.
11. I know every single word to the Bonquiqui skit on Youtube. “Don’t interrupt, rude!”
12. I once went a whole day speaking only with an English accent.
13. I was picked up by an elephant in Thailand last year.
14. I might quite possibly have the messiest car trunk. EVER.
15. I can do a sick nasty Ace Ventura impersonation.
16. Once I let a water buffalo eat food out of my hand at a wild animal park. So disgusting.
17. I am a master at Taboo and Mad Gab.
18. I have driven across the United States in our family motor home. Trip from H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS!
19. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people put ketchup on their breakfast eggs.
20. I am naturally blonde, but crossed over to the “dark side” for the first time this year when I dyed my hair brown.