CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia diving coach Rich MacDonald announced the signing of three divers – Alex Leinroth, Kelly Lloyd and Carlin Teettelbach – who will join the Cavalier women’s program in the fall.
“This is one of the largest, if not the largest, classes the diving team has ever committed,” MacDonald said. “These three women will compliment each other very well. They all have extensive big meet experience and have exceptional work ethics. They will challenge each other to push themselves to the next level. I look forward to having these ladies on the team and seeing their contributions – it should be fun.”
Leinroth, who hails from Darien, Conn., was the 2008 USA Diving Age Group national champion on the 3-meter board and is a four-time national qualifier. She won the Connecticut state championship three times in addition to being a three-time high school All-American.
“Alex comes to this team with a wealth of national experience on all boards, including platform,” MacDonald said. “I look for her to score points next season.”
Lloyd, a native of Vienna, Va., was a USA Diving Junior and Senior Zone qualifier this past year. She finished second in 2009 at the state meet and is a high school All-American.
“Kelly is a strong diver with so much potential,” MacDonald said. “I believe she will flourish in the college environment and be a dominating force for this team.”
Teettelbach, a Fairfax Station, Va., native, was the 2009 Patriot District Champion and finished sixth in 2009 and seventh in 2010 at the state meet.
“Carlin will provide value depth to this young Cavalier team,” MacDonald said. “She works extremely hard and is always trying to improve and push herself to be the best athlete she can be.”
Alex Leinroth | Darien, Conn.
• USA Diving Age Group National Champion on 3-meter (2008)
• USA Diving Speedo National Qualifier (platform 2007-09; 3-meter 2007)
• USA Diving East Nationals Qualifier (1-meter and 3-meter 2007-09)
• USA Diving Regional Champion on 3-meter (Summer 2007; Spring 2009)
• Three-time High School All-American
• Connecticut State Champion (2006, 2007, 2009)
Kelly Lloyd | Vienna, Va.
• 2009 USA Diving Jr. and Sr. Zone Qualifier
• 1-meter and 3-meter AAU National Qualifier (2008)
• Finished second at state in 2009
• High School All-American
• Northern Virginia All Star Qualifier (2003-present)
Carlin Teettelbach | Fairfax Station, Va.
• Four-time high school team MVP
• 2009 Patriot District Champion
• Finished sixth (2009) and seventh (2010) at the Virginia AAA state meet
• Class of 2010 valedictorian