Postgame Notes - Game 2: Ole Miss vs. St. John's
No. 2 Ole Miss 10, No. 3 St. John’s 5
June 4, 2010
• Game 2 attendance was 3,434.
• Ole Miss and St. John’s met for the first time Friday. The Rebels lead the series 1-0.
• St. John’s left 10 runners on base, compared to just two for Ole Miss.
Noting Ole Miss (39-22)
• Mississippi is making its 16th NCAA Regional appearance, including its eighth consecutive. The Rebels are 43-33 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• With five strikeouts vs. the Red Storm, LHP Drew Pomeranz continued to build on his school record for career strikeouts, currently with 344.
• Pomeranz is seven strikeouts away from matching Lance Lynn (146, 2007) for the single season record.
• Ole Miss’ 10 runs marked the 16th time this season the squad has posted double digit scores.
Noting St. John’s (40-19)
• St. John’s, making its 33rd NCAA appearance, is 59-58 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
• With his 21st home run of the season, freshman Jeremy Baltz continues to build on his single season record for home runs. His three RBI also added to his single season mark of 77 RBI, another program record.
• Baltz went 2-for-3 at the plate vs. Ole Miss, recording his 28th multi-hit game of the year. He also notched his 23rd multi-RBI game; both marks lead the team.