Story Links

Andrea Miller was named assistant director of marketing and promotions in 2010. She is responsible for creating and executing marketing and promotional plans for five sports programs including website features, electronic newsletters, social networking channels, promotional items and print material. Miller serves on the department’s website committee and helps to develop the department’s brand in the electronic marketplace, including social media sites. She assisted in the development of the University’s iPhone app, in which athletics was a primary sub-app.

Miller facilitates the creation of new promotions for corporate sponsorships and oversees fulfilling all details of sponsorship obligations. She supervises up to 10 game day personnel during various athletic events to ensure marketing functions operate properly and that fans have a positive game day experience.

Before joining the UVa athletics staff on a full-time basis she worked in the department as an intern for two years for the executive associate athletics director.

Miller graduated from the University of Idaho in 2008 with a bachelor of science degree in public relations and a minor in political science. She competed for the Vandals’ swim team from 2004-08 and received Western Athletic Conference All-Academic honors her final three seasons. As an undergraduate she worked for the school’s media relations office, its compliance office and was a sports reporter for the University’s student newspaper, The Argonaut.