Virginia Postgame Notes
Virginia at Florida State
Nov. 19 2011
Virginia Game Notes
- Virginia’s record improved to 8-3 overall, 5-2 in Atlantic Coast Conference play and 4-1on the road this year.
- UVa wins for the first time at Florida State – they are now 1-8 all-time in Tallahassee.
- UVa wins at Miami and Florida State in the same season for the first time in program history.
- The contest marked the 11th-consecutive contest that the Virginia offensive line has had the same five starters – OG Austin Pasztor, OT Oday Aboushi, OG Luke Bowanko, C Anthony Mihota and OT Morgan Moses. The last time the same five players started an entire season on the offensive line at UVa was 2004.
- Virginia held Florida State scoreless in the first quarter and the Seminoles represented the Cavaliers’ ninth opponent of the 2011 season that was held scoreless in the first quarter (William & Mary, Indiana, North Carolina, Idaho, Georgia Tech, NC State, Miami and Duke). The only two opponents to score in the first quarter this season vs. the Cavaliers have been Southern Miss (7) and Maryland (3).
- Entering Saturday’s game vs. Florida State, Virginia held the national lead for fewest first-quarter points allowed in FBS (10).
- By holding FSU scoreless in the first quarter, UVa became the first opponent of the Seminoles in 2011 to hold them scoreless in the opening stanza. FSU was last held scoreless in the first period on Oct. 28, 2010 against NC State.
- UVa wins three games in the month of November for the first time since the 1999 season.
- With six catches, WR Kris Burd passed Heath Miller (144) for No. 2 all-time at UVa in career receptions. Burd now as 149 for his career.
- Burd has now made at least one catch in 34 of the last 35 games for the Cavaliers (only game in that streak was 2009 contest at Miami where UVa had 75 passing yards).
- With 238 passing yards, QB Michael Rocco moved into No. 13 in the UVa annals for passing in a season with 2,148.
- LB Steve Greer’s sack of EJ Manuel in the third quarter was the second of his career and the first since Sept. 19, 2009 at Southern Miss.
- RB Kevin Park’s game-winning TD gives the freshman eight on the season, passing Howard Petty (1983) and Marcus Wilson (1987) for most rushing TDs by a UVa freshman.