Virginia Player Postgame Notes - UNC Game
Nov. 16, 2012
North Carolina at Virginia
Nov. 15, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• UVa is now 54-59-4 against North Carolina and 24-23 in Charlottesville.
• Virginia is now 6-6 in Thursday Night ESPN games.
• The Cavalier fourth- and fifth-year players were honored before the game, including Oday Aboushi, LoVante Battle, Luke Bowanko, Sean Cascarano, Nat Cutler, Paul Freedman, Will Hill, Drew Jarrett, Perry Jones, Connor McCartin, Justin Renfrow, LaRoy Reynolds, Billy Skrobacz, Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Brent Urban, Tucker Windle, Steve Greer, Jacob Hodges, Kyle McCartin, Matt Mihalik, John Phillips, Brian Pomper, Buddy Ruff, Bill Schautz and Ausar Walcott.
• With 50 rushing yards, Perry Jones became the 17th Cavalier to rush for 2,000 career yards. He now has 2,015.
• With five catches, Jones moved into sixth all-time at Virginia with 126 career receptions, passing Germane Crowell (122).
• With 160 kick return yards, Khalek Shepherd broke the UVa record for most return yards in a season. The previous record was 768 by Chris Warren in 1986. Shepherd now has 914.
• Dominique Terrell’s 51-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career.
• With eight tackles, Steve Greer has moved into eighth all-time at UVa with 357 career tackles, passing Stuart Anderson (354). Greer is the active ACC career leader as well.
• Anthony Harris tallied a career-high 14 tackles.
• Daquan Romero recorded career highs with seven tackles and two tackles-for-loss.
• Demetrious Nicholson matched a career high with nine tackles.
• Brandon Phelps tied a career high with seven tackles.
• Kicker Drew Jarrett tied a career high with two field goals (34, 28).