Top-Ranked Cavaliers Post 7-0 Win at Boston College
March 30, 2013
MANCHESTER, Mass. – The top-ranked Virginia men’s tennis team began its three-match road trip Saturday with a 7-0 victory over Boston College at the Manchester Athletic Club. The Cavaliers (15-0, 4-0 ACC) swept every match to remain unbeaten on the season. The Eagles fell to 5-9 overall and 0-4 in the league with the loss.
The victory was Virginia’s 97th consecutive win against ACC competition, extending their league record.
Virginia opened the match by taking all three doubles matches for a 1-0 lead. Jarmere Jenkins (College Park, Ga.) and Mac Styslinger (Birmingham, Ala.) won at No. 1, Mitchell Frank (Annandale, Va.) and Alex Domijan (Wesley Chapel, Fla.) won at No. 2, and Julen Uriguen (Guatemala City, Guatemala) and Justin Shane (Falls Church, Va.) won at No. 3.
In singles, the Cavaliers won all six matches in straight sets. Jenkins, Domijan, Frank and Styslinger all followed their doubles victories with a singles triumph. Ryan Shane (Falls Church, Va.) and Harrison Richmond (Pawleys Island, S.C.) also added singles wins to complete Virginia’s second consecutive 7-0 victory.
Virginia continues its road trip next weekend as it visits Wake Forest on Friday and NC State on Sunday.
#1 VIRGINIA 7, BOSTON COLLEGE 0
1. #2 Jenkins/Styslinger (UVa) def. Nelson/McGinnis (BC) 8-4
2. #9 Frank/Domijan (UVa) def. Grokenberger/Wagner (BC) 8-1
3. #31 J.Shane/J.Uriguen (UVa) def. Childree/Thirouin (BC) 8-2
1. #2 Jarmere Jenkins (UVa) def. Philip Nelson (BC) 6-1, 6-4
2. #1 Alex Domijan (UVa) def. Michael McGinnis (BC) 6-4, 6-2
3. #27 Mitchell Frank (UVa) def. Billy Grokenberger (BC) 6-1, 6-1
4. #39 Ryan Shane (UVa) def. Kyle Childree (BC) 6-0, 6-1
5. #16 Mac Styslinger (UVa) def. Matt Wagner (BC) 6-1, 6-0
6. #72 Harrison Richmond (UVa) def. Alexandre Thirouin (BC) 6-2, 6-0