Fun Facts: Breyana Mason
In high school, Breyana Mason broke Monica Wright’s scoring record, putting up 1,979 points at Forest Park High School, en route to being named the 2012-13 Gatorade State High School Player of the Year for Virginia. Factoring in the two years of middle school (seventh and eighth grade) in which she played varsity basketball, she scored 3,313 points in six seasons.
In her rookie campaign with the Cavaliers, Breyana appeared in 30 games, transitioning into the starting lineup by the end of the season. Breyana finished the year with 37 assists and 20 steals.
Other Fun Facts about Breyana:
– She loves basketball because “it is a team sport and it keeps me grounded. I never let a win go to my head or a loss go to my heart.”
– She started playing basketball when she was six, but she has been dribbling a ball since she was three.
– Her favorite drill in practice is ‘Circle Shooting’.
– Her favorite food is chicken.
– She had a crush on rapper/singer Diggy Simmons when she was younger.
– ‘Drama 1010: Intro to Theatre’ was her most memorable class she has taken
– Her go-to karaoke song is Montell Jordan’s ‘This is How We Do It’ and she can’t stop dancing when she hears Mary J. Blige’s ‘Family Affair’.
– The thing she misses most from childhood is playing on the monkey bars.
– She has a dolphin Pillow Pet that she brings with her on road trips.
– If she could be any animal, she would want to be a dolphin.
– She once met Spike Lee while walking around NYC with her parents.
– Her middle name is Quintina, a derivation of her father’s first name, Quinton.
– Her dream job is to become a Nike Representative.