Fun Facts: J'Kyra Brown
Nov. 26, 2014
J’Kyra Brown has a very important game-day task this season. As a transfer from East Carolina, she can’t play in games until next season, but in the meantime, she is in charge of greeting each member of the starting lineup with a specialized handshake. Brown also leads the cheers from the bench. In the practice gym, however, Brown prepares and drills just like the rest of the squad. We can’t wait for you to see her energetic play and shooting skills next season.
In the meantime, here’s a chance to get to know the guard from Rocky Mount, N.C.
J’Kyra Brown played last season for East Carolina where she twice earned Conference USA Freshman of the Week honors. She appeared in all of the 31 games of the 2013-14 season. During high school she was a two-time All- State honoree, a two time Big East Conference (HS) Player of the Year, and a two time Rocky Mount Telegram All- Area Player of the year.
Other Fun Facts about J’Kyra:
– She loves basketball because “it’s my favorite sport. It’s like when I’m playing it, I feel like I’m in a whole new world with no worries. It helps me tune things out.”
– She has worked hard to come back from an ACL injury she got in ninth grade
– Her favorite food is baked chicken and rice
– She started playing basketball when she was 4 years old on an YMCA team where she was the only girl
– Her special talent off the court is that she’s been bowling since the age of 4
– As a teenager she had a crush on Lil Bow Wow
– She hopes to one day play professional basketball and be an FBI agent