Virginia Postgame Notes
Recap | Box Score | USATSI Photo Gallery
No. 24 Oregon 44, Virginia 26
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016
- Virginia is now 0-2 all-time against Oregon.
- Virginia is now 0-7 all-time against teams from the Pac-12.
- Virginia played in a contiguous state that borders the Pacific Ocean for only the fourth time.
- Oregon’s Royce Freeman’s 85-yard touchdown rush in the third quarter is the seventh-longest rush UVA has allowed in program history.
- Virginia First Time Starters: Defense: Eli Hanback (DE), Kirk Garner (CB).
- Virginia collegiate debuts: RJ Proctor (RG), Landan Word (ILB)**.
** – denotes true freshman
- RB Albert Reid rushed for a career-high 126 yards. His previous high was 103 yards against Virginia Tech in the 2015 finale. His 15 rushes tied a career high.
- Reid recorded a career-high 42-yard kick return in the second quarter. His previous high was 37 yards against NC State in 2013 when Reid played at Maryland.
- QB Kurt Benkert threw a 6-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter to WR Warren Craft. The touchdown reception is the first of Craft’s career.
- Benkert and WR Keeon Johnson connected on a 6-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. It was the second week in a row Benkert and Johnson connected for a touchdown. It was also the second game in a row Benkert threw multiple touchdowns.
- Craft finished with a career high in receptions (2), receiving yards (23) and touchdowns (1).
- RB Taquan Mizzell notched a catch in the first quarter to extend his nation’s fourth-best active reception streak to 35 games. The streak began against then-No. 2 Oregon in the senior’s second career game in 2013.
- WR Keeon Johnson finished with a career-high six receptions.