No. 3 Virginia Sweeps Boston College
Box Score April 15, 2017
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The No. 3 Virginia men’s tennis team (22-1, 9-1 ACC) picked up a 7-0 victory at Boston College (4-15, 0-10 ACC) on Saturday (April 15).
The Cavaliers won at two and three doubles and were leading at one when the point was clinched and then swept one through six singles for the 7-0 victory. It was the sixth time in 10 ACC matches this season the Cavaliers tallied a 7-0 score.
The Cavaliers fielded a different lineup for the match. Senior Alexander Ritschard (Zurich, Switzerland) played at No. 1, picking up a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Derek Austin. Senior Luca Corinteli (Alexandria, Va.) returned to the singles lineup, picking up at 6-1, 6-4 victory over Conor Mullins at No. 5. Corinteli has won his last three singles matches. Sophomore Aswin Lizen (Douglas, Isle of Man) had the most dominant performance of the day, downing Peter Campana 6-0, 6-0 at No. 6. Junior Henrik Wiersholm (Kirkland, Wash.) improved to 16-0 in singles this season with a 6-4, 6-3 over Kent Mukai at No. 4.
The Cavaliers have added a home match to their schedule and will be hosting the red-hot Richmond Spiders (23-2, 6-0 A-10) on Tuesday, April 18 at 4 p.m. at the Snyder Tennis Center. Richmond has won 22-straight matches and has not lost since January 21, nearly three months ago.
Admission is free for all UVA home tennis matches and free parking is available at the Culbreth Garage. Parking is also available at the Central Grounds Garage (hourly rates apply).
#3 Virginia 7, Boston College 0
1. Alexander Ritschard (VA) def. Derek Austin (BC) 6-3, 6-2
2. #13 Thai-Son Kwiatkowski (VA) def. Aidan McNulty (BC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Carl Soderlund (VA) def. Hank Workman (BC) 6-3, 6-1
4. #82 Henrik Wiersholm (VA) def. Kent Mukai (BC) 6-4, 6-3
5. Luca Corinteli (VA) def. Conor Mullins (BC) 6-1, 6-4
6. Aswin Lizen (VA) def. Peter Campana (BC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Derek Austin/Hank Workman (BC) vs. #15 Luca Corinteli/Carl Soderlund (VA) 2-5, unfinished
2. Thai-Son Kwiatkowski/Alexander Ritschard (VA) def. Kent Mukai/Aidan McNulty (BC) 6-1
3. Collin Altamirano/Henrik Wiersholm (VA) def. Conor Mullins/Alexander Chieffalo (BC) 6-0