Aug. 26, 2017
|No. 10 Virginia (2-0-0) vs. Liberty (0-1-2)|
|Date & Time||Aug. 27 – 2 p.m.|
|Location||Charlottesville, Va. | Klöckner Stadium|
|Match Notes||UVA Match Notes|
|Additional Information||Buy Tickets | Twitter | =””>Facebook | Instagram|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The No. 10 Virginia (2-0-0) women’s soccer team kick off a five-match home stand on Sunday, hosting Liberty at 2 p.m. at Klöckner Stadium. It’s the home opener for the Cavaliers who played the first two matches of the season on the road.
Fans can follow the action through live stats linked at VirginiaSports.com or through the program’s official Twitter account by following @UVAWSoccer. There is no live video stream for Sunday’s match.
THE SERIES WITH LIBERTY
– UVA and Liberty have faced off 13 times with the Cavaliers leading the series 13-0-0
– Virginia won the last meeting 4-0 a year ago at Liberty to open the 2016 season
– The Cavaliers lead the all-time series 12-0-0 in games played in Charlottesville
– 11 of the 13 matches have been regular-season meetings with two in the NCAA Tournament
– Those two NCAA Tournament games came in the 2001 and 2005 seasons
UP NEXT FOR THE HOOS
– UVA remains at home, continuing a five-match home stand with the Wisconsin Badgers
– Wisconsin returns to Klöckner Stadium for the first time since the 1994 season
– Virginia leads the all-time series 3-2, with the last meeting coming in that 1994 home game
– The series is tied 1-1 in games played in Klöckner, with both games going to overtime
PROMOTIONS ABOUND AT Klöckner SUNDAY
– Fans can take part in the fun at Klöckner Stadium all season with a variety of activities
– The first 1,000 fans in attendance on Sunday vs. Liberty will receive free thundersticks
– Fans can also show their UVA pride with free face painting and a balloon artist
– The Cavalier band will also be in attendance at the game to add to the atmosphere
– Following the match, Cavalier fans can also get autographs from the team
UPDATED BAG POLICY AT Klöckner STADIUM
Put into place starting with this weekend’s athletic events (Aug. 25-27), Virginia athletics has updated its bag policies to mirror those already in place for Scott Stadium. At Klöckner Stadium, Turf Field and Memorial Gymnasium the following procedures have been put into effect.
All guests are subject to inspection and search for prohibited items. Event staff will examine the contents of bags, jackets, pockets, or any other personal item before admitting guests to the facility. In order to expedite entrance into the facility, it is recommended that guests not bring bags to events and arrive early at the facility entrances.
– Artificial noisemakers^ – see exception below for men’s and women’s soccer games at Klöckner Stadium
– Balls, Frisbees, lacrosse sticks, and similar items
– Containers (including plastic or glass bottles, cans, coolers, or flasks)
– Food and beverages
– Strollers (except umbrella strollers) – prohibited at Scott Stadium only
– Umbrellas – prohibited at Scott Stadium only
^For men’s and women’s soccer matches only, artificial noisemakers are allowed; however air horns, whistles, bullhorns or devices that amplify electric sound, including battery-operated devices, are prohibited.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to prohibit any item deemed hazardous or disruptive to the athletics event or the enjoyment of the event by other guests.
The above procedures are designed to provide a safe and positive experience for all fans in attendance at Virginia athletics events.