Virginia vs. UNCG Postgame Notes
Nov. 10, 2017
Virginia 60, UNCG 48
Friday, Nov. 10, 2017
John Paul Jones Arena
- Virginia won its fifth consecutive season opener and eighth under head coach Tony Bennett
- The Cavaliers opened their season with a win over UNC Greensboro for the second consecutive year after beating the Spartans 76-51 on the road to open last season.
- Virginia held UNC Greensboro 29.4 percent shooting from the floor, marking the first time UVA has held an opponent under 30% since Robert Morris (23.9%) on Dec. 17, 2016.
- Virginia took the lead less than a minute into the game and did not give it up, holding the lead or a tie for the last 39:11 of the game
- Virginia improved to 19-1 in its last 20 season-opening games
- UVA is 65-2 when holding its opponents to fewer than 50 points under Bennett