CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.– The Virginia men’s and women’s diving team will compete at the Navy Diving Invite beginning on Thursday (Nov. 15) at Lejeune Hall in Annapolis, Md. The Cavaliers will compete in the 1m, 3m and platform throughout the three-day competition.
Date: Thursday, November 15- Saturday, November 17
Location: Lejeune Hall- Annapolis, Md.
• Thursday- noon
• Friday- noon
• Saturday- 11 a.m.
Schedule of Events
|Day||Men’s Schedule||Women’s Schedule|
|Thursday||1m board||3m board|
|Friday||3m board||1m board|
• The Virginia divers will compete for the first time this season without their swimming counterparts.
• Virginia has captured the top dive in 11 of the team’s 16 dual meet diving events this season. The Cavaliers swept the 1m board and 5m platform against Pittsburgh in addition to securing the top performance in three out of four events in dual meets against Penn State and Louisville.
The Cavalier Divers
• Sydney Dusel (Naperville, Ill.) has led the Virginia diving unit, finishing in the top two in every event she has competed in this season. She swept the 1m and 3m boards against Penn State and Louisville, in addition to finishing first on the 3m against Pittsburgh and Auburn. Dusel also won the 3m board at the SMU Classic.
• Kylie Towbin (New Canaan, Conn.) holds a season-high score of 261.53 on the 1m and 323.18 on the 3m board. She represented the conference at the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, finishing eighth in the platform with a score of 232.50. She recorded a second-place finish on the 3m board in the team’s dual meets against Penn State and Auburn.
• On the men’s side, Bryce Shelton (Vienna, Va.) leads the team, capturing a first-place finish in the 1m dive against Louisville and Pittsburgh. He set a career record in the 1m dive against Pittsburgh, recording a score of 360.45 for the fifth-best performance in school history. He recorded his season best score of 366.68 on the 3m board against Auburn.