CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.- Graduate student Brent Demarest (Charleston, S.C.) and freshman Abbey Green (Bethesda, Md.) will represent the Virginia men’s and women’s cross country teams at the NCAA Championships on Saturday (Nov. 17) at Thomas Zimmer Championship Course in Madison, Wisc.
The women’s 6k race will begin at 11:45 a.m. ET, while the men’s 10k race will start at 12:45 p.m. ET.
Fans can watch the championship with a paid subscription to FloTrack. Links to the stream and live results can be found at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVATFCC).
Date: Saturday, November 17
Location: Thomas Zimmer Championship Course- Madison, Wisc.
• Women’s 6k- 11:45 a.m.
• Men’s 10k- 12:45 p.m.
• Demarest has paced the team all season, leading the Cavaliers in four meets including the NCAA Southeast Regional Championships and the ACC Championships. He captured his second USTFCCCA All-Southeast Region honor and third All-ACC cross country honor.
• Last year, Demarest earned All-America honors after finishing 19th. The finish tied for the second-best performance in school history at the NCAA Championships.
• Green has earned ACC weekly honors twice during the season. She finished third at the Coast-to-Coast Battle in Beantown, capturing ACC Runner of the Week and Freshman of the Week for the performance. Her fourth-place finish at the Penn State National Open secured her second Freshman of the Week accolade.
• Green finished ninth at the ACC Cross Country Championships where she earned All-ACC honors with the finish.
• She earned USTFCCCA All-Southeast Region honors after running a 6k time of 20:04.5 and placing seventh overall at the regional championship.