CLEMSON, S.C. – No. 4 Virginia won its second consecutive ACC road game with a 63-43 win at Clemson on Saturday afternoon at Little John Coliseum.
Three players scored in double-figures to lead the Cavaliers, who outscored the Tigers 36-22 in the second half. Kyle Guy (Indianapolis, Ind.) led UVA with 13 points, all in the first half. De’Andre Hunter (Philadelphia, Pa.) scored 10 second half points to finish with 12 and Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) scored all 11 of his points in the second half.
Virginia shot 40 percent from the field and 43.5 percent beyond the arc, hitting 10 three-pointers. The Cavaliers’ defense held Clemson to 25.9 percent shooting, with the Tigers scoring just four points in the first 21 minutes of the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
UVA jumped out to a 15-4 lead over Clemson in the first 12 minutes of the game. Clemson closed the half with a 12-6 run to cut UVA’s lead to 27-21. The Tigers cut the lead to 29-27 to begin the second half, but a 12-1 run put the Cavaliers in the lead 41-28. UVA made several more runs in the half to secure the win.
THE GAME BALL GOES TO
Jay Huff scored all 11 of his points in the second half, finishing 4-of-5 from the field, and added seven rebounds. Huff hit a three pointer and a layup during UVA’s 12-1 run in the second half and added two dunks to close the game.
• UVA has a 12-game ACC road winning streak, fourth longest in league history
• UVA has a nation-leading 13-game road winning streak
• UVA has a nine-game winning streak vs. Clemson, including a three-game streak at Littlejohn Coliseum
• Guy moved past John Crotty (179 3-pointers) into ninth place on UVA’s career 3-pointers list with 180
• UVA went 10 of 23 from 3-point range, while Clemson was 3 of 19
Virginia will return home to host in-state foe Virginia Tech on Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 8 p.m. at John Paul Jones Arena in a Commonwealth Clash game.