CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia Cavaliers (1-1) return to action on Monday, hosting the High Point Panthers (3-0) at Klöckner Stadium. Faceoff is set for 4 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 11 in last week’s USILA coaches and Inside Lacrosse/Maverick media polls. High Point was No. 16 in the coaches poll and No. 13 in the media poll. The updated polls through the weekend will be released on Monday.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a “Clear Bag” policy in place at Klöckner Stadium. Please click here to view Klöckner Stadium FAQs regarding bag and entry policies.
Parking for Monday’s game will be available on a first-come first-served basis in the University Hall and John Paul Jones Arena parking lots. Parking will also be available at the Emmet/Ivy Garage.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra, which can be viewed on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN3.com.Luke Neer will call the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will provide analysis.
• Since 1993 UVA is 64-3 all-time in non-weekend games (Fri-Sun). One of the three losses came to High Point in 2016.
• A Michael Kraus leads UVA with nine points on five goals and four assists.
• M Dox Aitken has five goals and two assists, while A Matt Moore also has seven points on four goals and three assists.
• GK Alex Rode is saving 40.5 percent of shots he is seeing in goal, while posting a 12.98 goals against average.
• Aitken needs two points to become the 11th Cavalier midfielder all-time to reach 100 career points.
• Kraus has 14 points in two career games against High Point. He notched two goals and five assists in 2017 and five goals and two assists in 2018.
• This is the fourth meeting between Virginia and High Point in men’s lacrosse.
• UVA leads the series 2-1, winning the last two. The series is tied, 1-1, at Klöckner Stadium.
• Virginia won last year at High Point and in 2017 at Klöckner Stadium by the same score, 18-12.
•Jon Torpey is in his seventh season as the Panthers’ head coach, their only one in program history.
• The Panthers first season of playing lacrosse was the 2013 season.
• Torpey welcomes back 24 letterwinners from last year’s 6-8 team. High Point won the SoCon in 2015 and made its first NCAA Tournament appearance.
• HPU is coming off an exciting 15-14 overtime win at Drexel on Saturday. The Panthers are 3-0, including a road win at No. 2 Duke (12-9) on Feb. 6.
• Chris Young leads HPU with 10 goals.
• Asher Nolting has a team-high 10 assists and a team-high 17 points.
• Tim Troutner is saving 62.3 percent of shots between the pipes, while posting a 7.83 goals against average.
Tickets for Virginia home lacrosse games can be purchased online at VirginiaSports.com, by phone at (800) 542-8821 or in person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.Advanced tickets are $8 (reserved) and $5 (general admission). Tickets at the gate will be $10 (reserved) and $8 (general admission).
Virginia will return to the road on Saturday, Feb. 23 at No. 18 Princeton. Faceoff is set for noon and the game will be televised on ESPN+.