CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia Cavaliers (9-3) welcome the VMI Keydets (4-6) to Klöckner Stadium on Tuesday night. Faceoff is set for 7 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 6 in this week’s USILA coaches Inside Lacrosse/Maverick media polls.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a “Clear Bag” policy in place at Klöckner Stadium. Please click here to view Klöckner Stadium FAQs regarding bag and entry policies.
Parking is available on a first-come, first-served at the University Hall and John Paul Jones Arena parking lots. Parking is also available at the Emmet/Ivy Garage. There is also a baseball game on Tuesday night that utilizes the same parking.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra, which can be viewed on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN3.com. Zealand Shannon will call the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will provide analysis. There will be a live radio broadcast in the Charlottesville area on WINA 1070 AM and 98.9 FM. Luke Neer will provide the play-by-play. The radio broadcast can also be heard on SiriusXM ACC Radio channel 371.
• UVA enters Tuesday’s contest with VMI with a 112-19-2 all-time record against opponents from the Commonwealth.
• Virginia has won 71 games in a row against opponents from the Commonwealth of Virginia. The last loss was to Washington & Lee on April 23, 1977 when the Generals were an NCAA Division I institution in men’s lacrosse.
• Dox Aitken is No. 3 all-time at UVA among midfielders in career goals with 93. He needs two goals to pass Brian Carroll (94) and Pete Eldredge (94), who share the program record for career goals by a midfielder.
• Michael Kraus has at least one point in all 43 career games he has appeared in. The active streak is currently No. 4 in the nation.
• Tuesday is the 25th all-time meeting against the Keydets, a series UVA holds a 24-0 all-time record.
• The series began in 1949, an 11-10 win for UVA in Charlottesville. It has been the closest contest in the series to date.
• VMI returned to UVA’s schedule in 2018 after meeting every season between 2006-16.
• Jon Birsner is in his fourth season as the head coach of VMI and brings his 4-6 Keydets squad to Klöckner Stadium.
• VMI is coming off back-to-back losses at Bellarmine and against Jacksonville.
• Ryan Perouty leads VMI with 36 points and 16 assists.
• John Daniel had a team-high 22 goals.
• John Bass and Jon Fant round out the top scorers with 13 and 11 goals, respectively.
• Benjamin Stump is saving 52.5 percent of shots between the pipes and posting a 13.16 goals against average.
Tickets for Virginia home lacrosse games can be purchased online at VirginiaSports.com, by phone at (800) 542-8821 or in person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Advanced tickets are $8 (reserved) and $5 (general admission). Tickets at the gate will be $10 (reserved) and $8 (general admission).
Virginia hosts Marist on Saturday for Senior Day. Faceoff is set for 3 p.m. and the game will be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra.