Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational Meet Info | Under Armour Pre-National Invitational Meet Info | Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational Live Results | Under Armour Pre-National Invitational Live Results | FloTrack ($)
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Cavaliers will return to action this weekend as the No. 16 Virginia men’s cross country team travels to the Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational, hosted by Wisconsin, on Friday (Oct. 18) and the Virginia women’s team heads to the Under Armour Pre-National Invitational, hosted by Indiana State, on Saturday (Oct. 19).
Fans can watch both the Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational and the Under Armour Pre-National Invitational with a paid subscription to FloTrack. Links to live results are available at VirginiaSports.com. Fans can also follow the action with updates on the team’s official Twitter account (@UVATFCC).
Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational
Date: Friday, October 18
Location: Zimmer Championship Course – Madison, Wisc.
• Men’s 8k “B” Race – 12:40 p.m. ET
• Men’s 8k Championship Race – 2 p.m. ET
Under Armour Pre-National Invitational
Date: Saturday, October 19
Location: LaVern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course – Terre Haute, Ind.
• Women’s 6k – 11 a.m. ET
Return to the Nuttycombe Invitational
• The No. 16 Virginia men’s cross country team will return to Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational to race on the Zimmer Championship Course as a team for the first time since 2017.
• Virginia will compete as one of 36 teams at the competition.
• In addition to the Cavaliers, 16 programs in the men’s competition hold a top 25 ranking according to the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Additionally, five teams rank in the top 10 with No. 1 Northern Arizona, No. 5 Stanford, No. 6 Iowa State, No. 7 Oregon and No. 8 Portland racing in the 8k.
• The Nuttycombe Invitational will feature two races per gender, an A and a B. The Cavaliers will compete as a team in the A race, in addition to having individuals run in the B competition.
A Look at the NCAA Championship Course
• The women’s team will get the chance to compete at the 2019 NCAA Championships site this weekend as Indiana State is set to host the national meet at LaVern Gibson Championship Cross Country Course on Nov. 23.
• The last time Virginia raced at the Under Armour Pre-National Invitational was 2016.
• The Cavaliers are one of 64 teams competing in the women’s race.
• The meet will feature eight teams inside the USTFCCCA top 25, including top 10 competitors No. 2 BYU, No. 3 Colorado, No. 4 Washington and No. 8 Ole Miss.
Last Time Out
• The men’s team has started the year strong, winning the Cavalier Classic (Sept. 14) and the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational (Sept. 27).
• Focused on finishing as a pack, Virginia has had all five scoring runners place in the top 10 at both competitions with a different runner capturing the team’s top time at each race.
• Junior Rohann Asfaw (Rockville, Md.) led Virginia at the Cavalier Classic, turning in the fastest 8k time of the day at 24:25.7. Redshirt senior Ari Klau (West Harford, Conn.) was the top UVA runner and fourth overall finisher at the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational, running an 8k time of 24: 14.2.
• Both Asfaw and Klau were named ACC Performer of the Week for their performance at the Cavalier Classic and Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational, respectively.
• On the women’s side, junior Hannah Moran (Salem, Va.) has been the top Cavalier runner through the first half of the season, capturing the team’s top time at both competitions. Moran finished sixth at the Cavalier Classic, running a 5k time of 17:31.0. Her 6k time of 21:25.0 placed her 22nd at the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational.