CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Virginia Cavaliers (0-0) open the 2020 season on Saturday, hosting the Loyola Greyhounds (0-0) at Klöckner Stadium. Faceoff is set for 2 p.m. UVA is ranked No. 1 in this week’s USILA coaches poll and No. 2 in the Inside Lacrosse/Maverick media poll. Loyola is ranked No. 14 in both polls.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
There is a “Clear Bag” policy in place at Klöckner Stadium. Please click here to view Klöckner Stadium FAQs regarding bag and entry policies.
Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the John Paul Jones Arena parking lots. Parking is also available at the Emmet/Ivy Garage.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live stats will be available at VirginiaSports.com. The game will be televised live on ACC Network. Chris COtter will call the play-by-play, while Matt Ward will provide analysis. ACC Network will also simulcast the broadcast on the WatchESPN app, or by logging onto ESPN.com/watch. There will be a live radio broadcast in the Charlottesville area on WINA 1070 AM and 98.9 FM. Luke Neer will provide the play-by-play and Doug Tarring will add analysis.
• Prior to the game UVA will raise a banner to recognize the Cavaliers’ 2019 NCAA title. The first 500 fans through the gates will received a smaller replica version of the flag.
• UVA is 51-34-1 (.599) all-time in season openers.
• When the season opener is at home, the Cavaliers have compiled a 29-17-1 (.628) record throughout the years.
• The Cavaliers are 17-17 (.500) when the season opener is on the road,
• This is the 13th time in the last 21 seasons the Cavaliers have opened the season at home.
• For the first time since the 2012 season UVA is ranked No. 1 to start a season by the USILA coaches poll.
• Saturday marks the 24th all-time meeting between the Cavaliers and Greyhounds in a series that began in 1938. The series took a 23-year hiatus before being rekindled for the 2014 season. Saturday’s marks the fourth time in seven seasons these teams have met in Charlottesville, which includes 2014, 2016 and 2018.
• Virginia leads the all-time series with Loyola by a 14-8 margin.
• Saturday marks the sixth year in a row these programs have met.
• Loyola head coach Charley Toomey is in his 15th season at the helm of his alma mater and returns 33 letterwinners from last year’s 12-5 squad that fell in the NCAA quarterfinal round to Penn State.
• Loyola’s leading returning scorer is Kevin Lindley, who led the Greyhounds with 60 goals in 2019.
Tickets for Virginia home lacrosse games can be purchased online at VirginiaSports.com, by phone at (800) 542-8821 or in person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall at Scott Stadium Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Advanced tickets are $8 (reserved) and $5 (general admission). Tickets at the gate will be $10 (reserved) and $8 (general admission).
UVA welcomes Lehigh to Klöckner Stadium on Saturday, Feb. 15. The game will be broadcast live on ACCNX at 1 p.m.